House Spoilers: What's Next?

House Spoilers: What's Next?
Photo Credit: FOX

Monday, October 18, 2010

House Spoilers: What Can You Say About the Ratings of "House"?

[Photo: FOX]


Matt Roush of TV Guide has answers to the issue about the ratings of "House" this 7th Season and here it is:


Question: Do you have any idea why House's ratings are falling? I know there are always the odd ducks who jump on the bandwagon of "I hate the relationship between so-and-so that the show has very obviously been leading us to for 6 or 7 years; I'm not watching anymore!" but could that really account for such a drop? I'm thinking that given its age, it just can't stand up to all the competition on Monday nights. I personally am loving the House/Cuddy relationship. It brings humor, drama and momentum to the show and I really want to see House make this attempt at being a happy person. Plus I just know it's going to be both hilarious and touching to see House try to bond with Cuddy's daughter. House is my must-see show of the week and I feel bad people are bailing on it. I always seem to discover shows just a little too late: 24, Battlestar, etc. — Lauren


Matt Roush: I tend not to obsess on ratings unless they're perilously bad, and House's really aren't, though it has noticeably slipped from mega-hit status lately. That is only to be expected in a show in its seventh season. It's a rare show (i.e., NCIS) that actually sees
its popularity grow with longevity. There is probably a fatigue factor where House is
concerned, and I'll admit I would have drifted away as a regular viewer myself if I had the option, once the show began to mess with its core ensemble way too early in its run. But not so much this season. Like you, I'm a fan of the House-Cuddy relationship and enjoy seeing the impact it's having on the characters and the workplace. It's just what the show needed to shake things up a bit. But it's quite possible that because the first episodes of the season dwelled on it so heavily, it may have been a turnoff to some fans. In the bigger picture given how competitive Mondays are, House is still a valuable asset for Fox, so I wouldn't get too worked up over any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind. Anything about "House". =)